Start your own trucking company!
If you plan to operate as a for-hire carrier that hauls cargo across state lines, you will need a United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) number and motor carrier operating authority (MC number) from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Starting a trucking company and getting your USDOT and MC numbers can be a complicated process, but, the FMI Startup Program makes it fast and easy!
Getting Started with Freight Match, Inc (FMI)
We complete and file all the paperwork for you. We also send you the important documents you need to run your trucking company.
FMI is one of the few companies that forms your trucking company and applies for your operating authority for you.
Why should I work with FMI to start my trucking company?
- We make it simple!
- One of our transportation specialists is with you every step of the way.
- We save you time, and make the process stress free.
- We form your company and obtain operating authority for you.
What are the costs of starting my trucking company with the 5 Star Startup Program?
- Form SS-4 with the Internal Revenue Service: Free
- Form MCSA-1 with the FMCSA (USDOT & MC Numbers): $300
- Form BOC-3 with the FMCSA (Designate a Process Agent): $150
- Non-refundable FMI administrative fee: $455
Learn How to Start Your Own Trucking Company
Start with a Free White Paper
There is a lot to think about when starting your own trucking company. To help you understand all the requirements, download our “Start Your Own Trucking Company” white paper. The white paper includes information about FMCSA, licenses, registrations, taxes, business expenses and more.